Popular Posts

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Nerf Review: Nerf Vortex Vigilion

Nerf Review: Nerf Vortex Vigilion

I recently was able to begin working on the vortex part of my collection.  I first traded for the praxis, and second acquired the blaster I am about to review.  The Nerf Vortex Vigilion.

(More after the break)

GENERAL INFO:
Included 1 blaster and 5 discs.

MY IDEAS OF THE BLASTER:
Vigilion
(courtesy of Nerf Wiki)
For a long time, the Vigilion has always been one of my favorite blasters.  Because of is ease of use and cool style, it became one of my first primaries WAY back when I wasn’t as in to nerf.  It was great because it used stock ammunition.  I plan to do a comparison soon of stock vs. off-brand ammunition.

Using off-brand ammunition makes it very difficult to prime.  Stock ammo works really well.

It is essentially a vortex maverick, borrowing that it isn't a revolver.

Modification Potential:
Besides the normal torsion spring strengthening, the Vigilion's locks can be removed, making use of off-brand ammunition a dream.  No longer is my Vigilion annoying to prime!
For your convenience, a picture of removed locks is posted, incase you wish to do as I did.  Remedy arms also had a pretty good mod guide that you might
want to look at.

RANGES:
35 feet flat.  You cannot get any better angled.  XLR discs have a problem with being angled.

ACCURACY:
Accuracy was decent, it does veer off closer to the end of the disc’s travel, as do all vortex series blasters.
Tested after the modification, while nothing should have been chanced, accuracy was decent at 20 feet, so a human hit should be very close to guaranteed


I have now modified the blaster, and will do a review of its modifications soon.

I hope you enjoyed the review of this very nice blaster.


SPECIAL ITEMS:
Internal magazine,

I hope you enjoyed this review!

Sincerely,

The Nerf CommenTATER

No comments:

Post a Comment