Popular Posts

Monday, October 9, 2017

Nerf N-strike Elite Firestrike Mod Guide (Air Seal Improvement and AR-Removal for Stefans) AND A BONUS!!!

Firestrike AR Removal, Air Seal improvement, Sanding AR housing
Nitefinder
     Many moons ago…I got a Nite-finder.  I loved the nitefinder.  At the time, all of the nerf guns that I owned had up to 6 shots total.  (Mavericks, Vigilions, etc.)  This is before I was truly into nerf, although me and my friends would play with nerf every now and then.  My top three favorites were the Vigilion, the Nitefinder, and the Clone Trooper deluxe blaster.  (All of them have since departed my ownership).
Firestrike

     Move up to less than a year ago.  I got a Hyperfire and Strongarm, joined a few wars, and was starting to get the hang of things.  Then I ran into the Firestrike.  I haven’t before said on this blog, but I like a compact, box shaped blaster.  Firestrike is right up my alley, considering I already liked the Nitefinder (Firestrike’s older brother).

     Opening the Firestrike, with a friend, I found it to be a simple blaster.
     
     I did two main mods.

1. Air Seal Improvement

     Take your plunger rod:




     Then remove the O-ring.


     For this mod, I have used duct tape, card-stock, and electrical tape.  All three have worked on some blasters.  (Some blasters (Maverick) won’t accept an air seal improvement, and it only slows the plunger’s movement.)  Get the paper/tape, and wrap it around.  Get the tape/paper in place and slip the O-ring over it.  The O-ring will keep it down, and the groove should still hold the O-ring.  The paper/tape fattens the O-ring diameter, making it press harder against the plunger tube.  That keeps more air from leaking out, resulting in more air-flow towards the dart.  That results in improved range.



     Then, you have the finished product, an improved air seal.



2.  AR Removal
     The main reason I did this is because I thought AR’s were evil at the time (Even though they help keep your blaster’s life longer).  I later realized I wanted to use Stefan’s.  I took pliers and began by removing top pegs, creating and opening, and then finally opened up the AR Housing.  Once opened up, I drilled on the back side to create a hole on the side of the plunger rod.  I used pliers to dig out the rest of the AR.
     Then, I took to the Dremel to get a smooth AR Housing.  I can now look down the barrel and see this:

     (Apologies for the small number of picture(s) in this section, if I get the chance and remember, I will update it.)

     Don't forget to re-assemble the gun as it was before.

     My darts will push BACK TO THE PLUNGER ROD.  I then re-assemble everything, and get approx. 35 feet flat, 60-65 feet angled.  I didn’t actually try to read the range, these are just guesses.



Final verdict after this mod:
Range: 4.5/5
Usability/Comfort: 5/5

Accuracy: Depending. With good darts, the targeting mech gives a whopping 5/5
Total: 14.5/15

Personal Rating: 10/5.  This gun is SO MUCH FUN.  I enjoy it to the fullest, and get crazy range and crazy accuracy with the correct darts.  This is my trusty secondary (When I use a secondary)




BONUS: This mod can also be done on the following blasters:
Firestrike
Firestrike XD
and Nitefinder. (I plan to have that coming soon)