Popular Posts

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Nerf Review: Nerf N-strike Elite Strongarm

Nerf Review: Nerf N-strike Elite Strongarm

GENERAL INFO:
Includes the blaster and 6 elite darts.

(More after the break)


MY IDEAS OF THE BLASTER:
The blaster is an upgraded maverick.  It has the same 6 dart revolver without the maverick’s range problems, and you can load 3 darts at a time into the barrel, not just 2!
This was a huge move with only a 1-inch long size increase.

The range change is dramatic.  Almost DOUBLE THE RANGE!  It achieves flat what the maverick achieves angled!

Strongarm
(Courtesy of Nerf Wiki)
Problems:
Slam fire can decrease accuracy and range consistency.

(Non-important) You can’t do a pump shot.  (Where you push your arm forward as you fire).  It actually decreases range significantly.

Rare Jamming Problem
(Also non-important) There is one minor jamming problem with the Strongarm.  If timing is off or something is in the way, your dart can actually get stuck at the end of the barrel after it revolves:

It is rare, however.  Not a deal-breaker.

I have noticed that some strongarms with elite darts have a problem plopping the dart 2 feet in-front of them.  It has happened on at least 3 strongarms that I know of (I owned all three).  The only common denominator was stock Elite darts.  Note, when I put in FVJ’s, or off brand elites, and took out the elite darts, the dart-plopping almost completely stopped, and the blaster became very reliable.

RANGES:
The Strongarm achieves 57 feet angled with actual elite darts (When they fire), and 45-48 feet with off-brand elites.

Slam-fire is strange, definitely has spread.  The first two darts I fired in testing were right next to each other, but the second two were a yard or so in front of that.

ACCURACY:
For a blaster that fires elites, my off-brand elites were surprisingly accurate at 15-20 feet.  Long range, it won’t be any good.  I hit 4/6 off brand elites at my 3 ½ inch target!  With slam-fire, I had a mix of FVJ’s and Off-brands, and got 2/6 hits!

SPECIAL ITEMS:
Slam-fire!

The maverick was a great starting blaster back when I began nerf.  The strongarm, however, takes this to a whole new level.
I like the Strongarm.  This one in particular that I own currently (The economy version) is the best of the 4 that I have owned.

Sincerely,

The Nerf CommenTATER

No comments:

Post a Comment