Popular Posts

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Magstrike AS-10 vs. Rapid-fire AS-20


Magstrike AS-10 vs. Rapid-fire AS-20
This is a round between Nerf most recent air system blasters.  (Both Discontinued).  The Magstrike is a classic and one of my personal favorites.  Both it and the Rapid-fire are both sci-fi weapons.  Both look cool!  (Continue Reading)


Included:
Magstrike, clip, and 10 whistler darts (N-strike).  Dart Tag Magstrike, 2 clips, and 20 dart tag darts.
Rapid-fire AS-20, 20 Micro Darts.
Rapid-fire AS-20 wins, due to larger dart amount.  If comparing the dart tag Magstrike, The Magstrike would win.

Range:
Note, I am not doing such a nit-picky every single type of dart in the world tested for its exact range style.  This is a general overlook more.  The Rapid-fire, although having been in my possession 1-2 times before, is not currently in my possession.  I am relying on Nerf Wikia.  Nerf Wikia seems to actually be a rather reliable source.  According to their website, the Rapid-fire can achieve approximately 35 Feet angled.  My testing shows the Magstrike to be able to achieve not only that flat with some darts, but 40-50 feet angled!  Impressive for just the N-strike series.  Magstrike AS-10 wins by a 10-15 feet difference.

Accuracy:
Both are…not meant to be accurate.  More for spray and hit.  DRAW.

Rate of Fire:
Magstrike achieves 7-10 dps (Darts per second), so much fun.  The Rapid-fire, a more consistent 5-6 darts per second.  Magstrike wins again.

Comfort:
I would have to give this round to the Magstrike as well, here is why.  The integrated shoulder stock is actually quite comfortable, and the blaster itself is balanced.  The Rapid-fire from what I recall is less balanced.  It is even unbalanced in its looks, having a hulking front and tiny little back.

Capacity:
20 darts for the Rapid-fire…10 for the Magstrike…a draw with the dart tag Magstrike…
Rapid-fire wins.

Conclusion:
As I said before, I don’t have a direct “winner.”  I have winners only in certain areas.  Though, with a few closing remarks, I should mention that it takes 25-30 times to pump the Magstrike.  There is only 20 necessary for the Rapid-fire.
As I said, I would take a Magstrike any day.  Before you buy one, (if you buy one) check their prices, because prices vary all the time.

I hope you enjoyed this comparison.

Sincerely,

The nerf CommenTATER

No comments:

Post a Comment